Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Paradise Lost & Regained: A Review



Hello Readers,
Let me clear it beforehand that normally I don’t review BOOKS or MOVIES. But, some of them at times, are compelling to write on them.  Paradise Lost & Regained Written by Ratnadip Acharya is one such book for sure.

Paradise Lost & Regained: A Review
Author: Ratnadip Acharya
Genre: Mystical Fantasy (Fiction)
Pages: 252
 

Well, to be honest, even though I acclaim myself to be an avid reader, yet I can’t read “anyyy’ book. You got it…right! I mean, I am a very selective reader at the same time. The story/book needs to be absorbing me incessantly; else I can’t hold myself too long as my mind gets easily fatigued. I had left many well-known authors’ book half read till date lying in my Book selves. It’s a confession. 
  

However with “Paradise Lost & Regained written by Mr.Ratnadip Acharya”, my reading experience was quite different. Somewhere I had read the review of this book which had fascinated my curiosity to explore it once. I was enthralled when I received an Author signed Copy of it. But much to my dismay, initially I couldn’t connect with the story and felt like throwing it into the bucket of “Half-Read Books” #Honest. Often Original stories, unlike their familiar counterparts fail miserably to hold enthuse of a reader…I guess. Thank God, I read the next chapter before giving it up. And believe me, after that, with each word I was magically engrossed with a numinous flow splendidly lost in a fantasy land.

The Story:

Sincerely, author Ratnadip Acharya deserves a heartily applause for his audacious endeavor not only to conceive a UNIQUE storyline for this book but also interlacing it in a captivating premises, the surreal and serene habitat for living creatures other than humans. With an egalitarian female Deer as the Protagonist, it was intriguing to drool through the forests, its laws, the emotions like love, hate, fear, togetherness and unity of its inhabitants, the danger involved in their lives, the fears and challenges they face. Never before, I have identified myself in a non-human central character of a story.

What I like about The Book:

Unpredictability, subtle lessons with simple observations and finding answers to some of my never asked questions (We almost all have a bunch of them) what I liked most about this Book. Each place and character is well placed, plotted, detailed. The characters are though non-humans but have human attributes with many layers. You cry with them, hate them to the char, chuckle with them, respect them...You see them as if they are specially enacting for you. Moreover, it has inimitable descriptions of “forests, the way it is” which was another thing I liked most.

The inscription is lucid, luscious and poetic at times with a well paced consistency. It was a celebration to read such a profound, mature, inspiring story after ages.

The Other side of The Book:



The other side of the book is, of course its Originality of the idea. Moreover it seems it has been targeted to well-read individuals as reader. Because given to the sub-standard English knowing people in India, it would be a tough read for an average Indian. However, not every time a good book hits the Bookshelves. If it catches your eye in a book shop, it would be worth investing time and money on it. I assure you, Not only you will have a pleasure of sliding into a magical world but also you will have a mystical encounter with your own soul through the words of the author. It will resonate like trance music stuck into your head the remaining part of your life.



Wisdom and Lessons:
 
Here are some of the subtle wisdoms I derived from it:

Freedom comes with a Package of Danger along with it while Safety or Security costs us our freedom.
A doubt, whose favorite pastime is to confound our mind, doesn’t accept defeat to trust and love easily and fights till its last breathe. The only tool that helps us to dispel it is Time and Awareness.

Jealousy has its root with our own deformity.

My Wishes: 
At last I would say not all writers these days come up with such an in-depth mystical fictions which have a chance to be proved as a misadventure. I wish we would have our own animation studio like “DreamWorks Animation” that produced the movie Kung Fu Panda, and then we would have our own world class computer-animated movie to outdo the popularity of all. While reading Paradise Lost & Regained I actually was imagining this. I wish the book is turned into a computer-animated movie. I swear.  it would outperform the popularity of Kung Fu Panda series.


No comments:

Post a Comment