Wednesday, October 5, 2016

#ChhoteKadam: Eat Right and Live Right To Help Your Heart Beat Right!!!

For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed says Khalil Gibran, the Great Prophetic Poet.

 I was listening to her mindfully while sitting calmly. She was counseling me about all possible negative consequences which may happen to me in due course of life. I knew I have an “Enemy” who of late has found a luxury abode in my body and slowly trying to destroy it, inch by inch, bit by bit. It’s my Acute Underactive thyroid gland i.e. Hypothyroidism.  Now I have no other options than to fight with it throughout the life. She was my nutritionist. My Endocrinologist had advised me to consult one so that I could adopt a healthy life style and thereby the impact of” under functioning of the thyroid gland” could be restricted as much possible as.

After an extensive lecture, she handed me a huge list of “dos and don’ts” which as weapons would help me fight against it and keep a control over the damages that are ought to crop up. At last she sighed!  And said “I’m worried about your heart. You’re vulnerable to heart ailments now. So you have to take best care of it apart from healthy eating and physical activities. Best care in the sense “Be happy to keep it (heart) happy”.

Hypothyroidism an acute thyroid irregularity that leads to serious heart problems and people having such problem should take extra care of their hearts to protect it. Both thyroid hormones (T4 and T3) are related to heart disease as they affect heart rate and the amount of blood pumped by heart. Hypothyroidism also can lead to increased levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, total cholesterol, triglycerides, and other fats related to heart disease.

What serious problems can happen to me if I have a heart disease?

  • Rare but serious problems can include: 
  • Heart failure (called congestive heart failure): when the heart can’t pump enough blood for your body to work properly.
  • Heart attack: when a blood clot blocks the flow of blood in your heart
  • Stroke: when the blood vessels to the brain are blocked and your brain doesn’t get enough blood
  • Peripheral artery disease: when your legs don’t get enough blood
  • Sudden cardiac arrest: when your heart suddenly stops working, you stop breathing; you pass out, and could die unless resuscitated
  • You can also have a very slow heart rate and irregular heartbeats that leads to low energy level and extra gain in weight. That means for me cardiovascular care is a must for me.

As a person I follow my heart than mind. In any critical situation I stress my heart to take a decision. It has been my silent companion without asserting anything in return. It’s not only a tiny organ that pumps blood into different parts of the body but it’s the life factor in me.

That night, I listened to its beats and try to find out what it exactly wants to remain happy.  To my surprise it whispered that it doesn’t want great things. Instead small things make it happy. Some little steps i.e. #ChhoteKadam in our attitude, life style, and approach to life makes the heart delight. Since then I did some changes in my life style and my approach to life for Staying Active, Eating Better, and Being Happy...!!
STAYING ACTIVE

CHANGE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES…

 I used to walk and gym a lot. But now I have changed it a bit. I have started cycling in open air. It’s really fun as unlike in gyms or walking, I spend a lot of happy times with my son competing with him in speed and laughing and giggling with him

I started playing my favorite game, Bad Minton (I’m happy and Active)

I got myself admitted to a Dance Class which was one of my dreams to learn. It elevates my mind and spirit. (Happy and Active)

Also, I do yoga at least five days a week.

Needless to say, I take stares than the elevator wherever it is available! I also prefer to walk a distance if I have enough time instead going by car or auto.








EATING BETTER

FOOD HABITS…

Green vegetables, Fruits, pulses and salads compose most part of my meal in a day.  High calories, oily or fatty foods… A BIG NO. I drink at least 8 glasses of water to keep my body hydrated.







BEING HAPPY

CHANGE IN EMOTIONAL LEVEL...

 I stopped thinking much and apprehensive about life in future

I started reading more books, magazines and other good reading materials.

I learnt to practice “Let go” instead holding grudges or bad feelings in me.

 
SOCIAL CHANGES…


I hang out with my friends whenever it is possible. I have started avoiding going those friends or people who make me sad.
The dew of little thing is the most beautiful part of it. And in beauty, heart loves residing there, gets nourished and grows there. Small Steps or #ChhoteKadam absolutely for heart brings maximum happiness to IT there by keeps it Healthy J
 







Eat Right, Live Right
Let Our Hearts Beat Right
Even the heartbeats never want to leave our hearts
As their existence is due to it

 I am joining the Saffolalife #ChhoteKadam initiative in association with BlogAdda and follow these small steps for a healthy heart.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment