Sunday, April 24, 2016

GRANDParent Stories: When They Meet, the stories get created themselves



 When it comes to GRAND PARENTS…I must say I was never so much blessed as my son. I grew up hearing that grand parents say lovely stories while I had never experienced so.  There were reasons also. My father used to work in different places as he was a government employee and he used to visit his village(where my other relatives and grand ma stayed)  or my maternal grandparents house very occasionally…that to hardly for a week or so. In those short periods we used to visit all the relatives staying nearby thereby left with little time to spend with Grand ma (My Paternal Grand pa was no more before I was born), Granny or Grand pa. Also they used to visit us rarely. So I had no play time or story time with GrandparentsL. I always had that thing missing in my life.

Thank God!! The missing emotions/experiences in my life have been compensated (at least I believe so) with my son having great times with Grandparents… J
GRAND PA AND GRAND SON.....PLAY TIME 

My father in Law usually keeps silence most of the time but don’t know how…but when he meets with my son… I see a different Baba (I call my FIL Baba...). There is a code language between two. They talk, they play and they listen to each other’s story. I still have to explore what kind of talking they do. My son would say it better…

My Mother in law tries every time what my son would love to eat. She says about her son’s (my husband) story (what he was doing when he was a child) to my son whom my son hardly listens. There is a different bond between the two which is beyond my intelligence to understand.

DADA DADI n The Grand Son 
My mother could never match the pace and style of my son. My son tries his best to teach Hindi to my mother so that he can talk/communicate with her properly (My mother doesn’t speak/understand Hindi while my son doesn’t understand/speak odia) but every time ends up with learning some Odia words from her. They don’t know each other’s language but I think they have one of the best communications between them as both understand each other’s feelings.

Aaditya with His Aie (Granny) and Cousins. 
My son calls her as DADI…
Right from the moment he started understanding relations, he knew that she was one of most important persons in his life. She was staying in the flat adjacently attached to ours. She had been a Grand ma in all aspects…right from taking care of him to making him understand/differentiate between Good or bad, telling him stories, playing with him and guiding us with different parenting issues and tips. If u will ask my son about his Grand Ma…he will first tell about her as he knew she is the real Grand ma while Odishawali Dadi is blood relation Dadima. That’s been the bond so far…
Sonu Beta with His Favorite Dadi

Isn’t it great when you are blessed with love/care/wisdom of so many Grandparents? I hope one day…my son will write about the time spent with Grandparents with some interesting revelation which I don’t know…

However The common thing between all is "They eagerly wait to meet each other every time" and when they meet...stories are created by themselves!! 

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.



1 comment:

  1. I wish your son does write about the wonderful times spent.

    I used to eagerly wait to have stores told by my gramma (when she was around).

    ReplyDelete