Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Quirky friend: Pehchan koun!!


That day it was really horrible.  Two days before that it was mild gradually increasing considerably the next day. I had taken a pain killer. But it was intolerable that day. Even painkillers were not working. Perhaps something was really serious. I had taken the doctor’s appointment for the evening.
It’s not that I’m having a toothache for the first time. But it was never so serious. It used to reside after taking some pills or some homemade remedies.

I was lying on the bed when my phone rang. The name that flashed was “PehchanKounShakti”

Let me confess one of my typical habits of storing phone numbers. Some numbers I keep giving it a tag depending upon the behaviors, reference or something like that. For ex, I have a relative whom I know has a habit of gossiping in your back. He would talk nicely with you but in your back he would say something against you to somebody else in the family. There were so many misunderstanding because of him. So I have given a tag to him as “Lagajota Reporter”. (Lagajota is an Odia word that means “bitching”)

In similar way I have also a habit of giving tags to my friends and save their number that way. So I have Friends called GoogleNiru, WikipediaRachna, MrsFunnyboneBhabi, (some bad thing as well like khadoosbaba, angrybird...etc which I can’t state here) and many more…

One of them is “PehchanKounShakti”…
Shakti is really a wonderful friend. We had met for the first time in the initial days of our working life.  Since then we are friends. He is actually very witty and would always cheer you up saying something in a very amusing way. (Yeah…I am thinking of changing his tag as “KapilSharmaShakti”). 

Pehchan koun” I had given him because he used to be bit like Navin Pravakar – The Comedian - of the first season of Comedy Reality show The Great Indian Comedy Show.

I picked up the phone…
After the initial exchange of hi/hello…he enquired about why wasn’t I active in group chat since two days. I told him about my problem.

It could be a root canal … I guess He said very considerately.

Hmm…even I feel so. I said

Well u need to take care of your teeth….dear. Use some ayurvedic or medicated tooth paste to prevent your teeth from decay. He said seriously after learning that I was really in awful pain.

Hmm…right. Let’s see what the Dentist will prescribe…I said

Hey…I know an ayurvedic guy who recommends very good toothpaste for all-round care of your teeth and gums…he said caringly. Why don’t you visit him after you visit your Dentist? I’m sure there will be no further problem in future.

Is it…? Are you sure? I asked anxiously. Give his details then…I will try to visit.

Of Course I’m sure. It’s very scientific. He said in a convincing tone.

Ohh!! What’s scientific about it? I mean is it something purely medicated?

Not Like that! Well…once you start using it na….within a month…I guess…all your teeth would become Mr.India. When there will be no teeth…then how will there be pain?
Na Rahega bansh…Na bajegi Bansuri…ha ha ha

God! This guy is incorrigible. Initially I was really annoyed like anything and felt like punching him in the phone itself. That was surely not a time for joke.   But after sometime…I couldn’t stop laughing more because…it could only be an odd Friend like Shakti who can take the risk to cheer you up when you’re in pain.

One of the best thing about my life is I have really been blessed with very good friends. They are like my soul family. Thank you all my friends…you are all treasure of my life.

Hey Shakti…Thank you yaar!! I would have dumped you in Municipality dump yard but you know what…har eek friend jaroori hota hai…majboori hai yaar

he he he... :) 


This blog is featured in WOW - Write Over The Weekend an Initiative by Blogadda


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
Images-Courtesy google

No comments:

Post a Comment